Think of every piece you have ever had printed for your business. Do any stand out? Which ones stood out to your customers?
Your best pieces didn’t just stand out because you used a great printer; they stood out because you probably used someone who can do graphic design and print.
When it comes to digital printing, here is the secret:
Your Piece Is Only As Good As The Design!
The pieces that resonate the most with prospects and clients alike all have great design. They are designed to be appealing, attractive, and eye-catching. The mere fact that they are printed digitally with a top-notch professional digital printer helps, no doubt, but you have to have amazing design to stand out in the crowd.
But without something to tie it all together in a powerful visual format, it all falls apart.
What Makes for Good Graphic Design?
So, what makes graphic design good enough to pack a punch?
The short answer: Talented graphic designers, like the one we have on staff.
The longer answer is more complex, but inevitably you have to have someone who can do the following things with your piece:
- Make your brand (logos, colors, themes) consistent
- Choose fonts, colors, shapes and images that represent your company’s voice
- Invoke one specific emotion or feeling in whoever views your piece
- Skillfully incorporate calls-to-action
- Arrange elements so that essential elements of information are the focus
- Eliminate clutter through careful organization
- Balance negative (or white) space and use it to emphasize the content, not detract from it
It also helps to have a pro who understands the importance of using Pantone colors for a standard, consistent look across all of your branded material.
The fortunate thing about using stellar graphic design and print is that there are professionals who can do all of the above for you. Find a provider who has the personnel and expertise to create eye-catching design for maximum effect for any piece you need created and printed.
Remember: Without strong design, a piece might as well not be printed.